Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Most Annoying...

So I write/type this in complete... well.... I don't know how to describe it! I love those articles that bloggers write about moms and stay at home moms because they can put everything I want to say in just a short little post. But I think I agree with most moms who have more than one or two kids. The absolute MOST annoying thing someone could ever say to you is "Are those all your kids?" or "How many kids do you have??!" like I'm some freak show walking around with 3 kids. Or better yet.. "You are crazy for having that many kids." Growing up I thought a family of 5-6 was normal. I grew up with 2 brothers, mom and dad. My neighbors had 4 girls, mom and dad. So why wouldn't I think that a normal sized family WASNT normal? I can remember when each of those things were said to me. Some may blow it off and keep going, but when it comes to my children its hard to shake when someone thinks I'm crazy for having a family.

This afternoon, at the park just down the street form our home, someone made one of those comments to Ladd. Yes of course Ladd knew this person being in the small town he grew up, but none the less. In our "caravan" we had me with the stroller and Emma, Braelyn, Greyson and his friend, Chris (our neighbor), Ladd and Forrest. Sure we looked a little chaotic and full of energy, but the complete disbelief this lady expressed was baffling!! "How many kids do you have?!!" Still at this moment, hours later, I cant even comprehend, why?? What would she had done if I did say yes?! Can someone explain what is wrong with a "large" family? Which a family of 5 is NOT large to me. Its normal. COMPLETELY sane!!

I AM A STAY AT HOME MOM! Its my job to raise my children to be respectful, worthy, responsible, disciplined, hard working, God fearing, children who will grow up to be strong and independent. I want them to grow up to make their own decisions and learn from their mistakes. I want to teach them what I have learned from MY mistakes. Its in my job description to raise my children, nurture them, to help them grow healthy, to teach them. We are fortunate enough that Ladd's job provides us with what we need to live comfortably. Yes I could get a job so we can get all those materialistic things a lot quicker, but I would rather be at home with my kids than be driving a fancy car or live in a huge house I couldn't keep clean. I'm not saying if you are a working mother you are less for it, but what I am trying to say is, God has put this love in my heart, and put me on this path in life, that staying at home is my dream job. Yes someday my children will be grown and move out and when that day comes, I will be beside myself. I hope that moment will slow in time and it wont have any hurry to get here. It is our (more so me) choice to have more than one child. Yes Greyson was a happy, welcoming surprise to the both of us, and Braelyn was strategically planned, and well, sweet Emma was a "We will let God decide when we are ready". At that point we decided we wanted a third child but wasn't pushing it, and was going to let happen, happen. Sure enough, in the smack dab middle of the worst, most terrifying, depressing, horrific time of my life, our life, God blessed us with a miracle that saved me. God had a plan even though what I thought was the worst timing, was the in the long run, the best timing. Now my beautiful daughter is healthy and full of spirit that I can never describe.

With all this being said, yes, I am a mother of 3 children. Yes I would LOVE to have more. Yes you read that right. MORE. Not just one but hell who knows, two. I love my family. I love kids. I love being a mommy. I know economically its not smart to have a lot of kids, but if you waited to have money to have kids, then I wouldn't be here, or my siblings. Sure research shows it will cost me well over quarter of a million dollars to raise just one child. But you know what. That's a well spent $750k bc I wouldn't change it for the world!! In my heart I don't think God wanted me to stop at Braelyn, and I still don't think he wants me to stop at Emma bc the love I feel is unconditional and I have lots of it. To think Emma as my last child is heart breaking. 

So why do I still feel like I am in a glass box on show for everyone when Im out in public with my 3 kids. Why is it SOOOO crazy to have 3 kids?! My mom came from a family of 9! NINE! 9 , people! NINE!! Haha.. She wasn't loved more or less than her siblings. My grandmother was an amazing mother who made everything look so easy! Why was it so normal back in the 50-60s to have LARGE families and now 2 is too many!!?? I shouldn't have to explain myself but I am really disoriented by such absurd comments.  Im not crazy. I just want a happy, loving family.  **END RANT**

On side note here are my favorites from our photo shoot with my dear friend Blaire.








 
photos by Sweet Pea Photography by Blaire.
 
Look her up on Facebook if you're in the Cypress/Tomball/Spring area!!

No comments: