Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Saturday..

Today Ladd and I slept in till 10. Which was nice :) We were suppose to go to James and Bethany's cabin early that morning but we didn't get out there till like 11:30. Well, I didn't expect to do much because we were due back in College Station by NO LATER than 2:30. Well Ladd wanted to follow James and his jeep down to the creek. At first Ladd was like "Naw, better not." With in minutes I was watching Ladd's truck come down the embankment. :( It was scary.From then for a few seconds was fuzzy. Some how he had gotten his truck turned around in this little creek bed and then he started trying to climb out of it. Easier said than done.


Let me just say in the beginning I was like, "Ladd this isn't a good idea. You re going to lose a bumper or dent something." And in the end he came out with a dented rear bumper bc Ladd wasn't watching what he was doing and slid back off the hill into the other embankment, pushing the side of him bumper up into his truck. After James' jeep couldn't pull him out bc something to do with his 4 wheel drive not working, they hooked up a come along and slowly pulled it out of the rutts Ladd put himself in.
Finally, James went back up to the Cabin and got his truck, which FINALLY pulled Ladd out of his mess.. Need I to mention the time is 1:50ish and its a little over a 45 min drive back. Well a dented bumper later Ladd was free.
Then we raced back to College Station to shower and get ready for the Astros Game. Ladd's dad beat us to our apartment, but we were on the road before 3. When we got to the ballpark, it was standing room only. So we decided to scalp some tickets outside the stadium. We sat on the 4th deck but to me they were pretty good seats because we got to see the whole field. I had tons of fun considering it was my first Astros game!! But after our long day, I was super exhausted!!





Ok funny story here :) So being this was my first time to an Astros game, the train that came out at the beginning of the game, I had a der-da-der moment and asked "Why pumpkins?" haha!! Well yeah.. They look like pumpkins!! Little did I know huge oranges, pumpkins.. SAME DIFFERENCE!! haha yeah :)

No comments: