Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July..

No tummy pictures yet sorry guys, but soon because Ladd gets back from Houston on Thursday! Over the weekend we went back home to my parents house for the 4th. Thursday we left College Station and headed to Brownwood. When we got to my parents house we went out to eat and then sat outside and relaxed the rest of the night, the wind off the lake made it a very nice evening.

Friday morning we woke up and went to Randy's house to pick up clubs for Ladd. Randy is my dad's boss/our family friend and he is left handed and the only person we knew that had extra left handed clubs. Then we headed to my mom's work to help clean rooms (she is a camp cooridinator for a Baptist Camp) because she had a new camp coming in and she was swamped. So we helped out to so she could get off sooner. When we got home a lot of my extended family was there and we soon hit the lake. It was so nice to finally get on the jet ski, even though I wasnt able to do all the crazy fun stuff I used too, like tubing and wake boarding :( But being able to swim and relax was AMAZING!! The rest of the day was just relaxing and full of good food. When it got dark we sat on the balcony and watched all the fireworks. Our house is on/in a hill and it has a panaramic view of the lake and it was so fun being able to see other people waste their money on 10 min of fun!! haha :)

Saturday morning was early for Ladd. He had to get up at 6 to go golfing with my family. He looked so cute with his golfing attire on :) From what I heard Ladd did very well for his first time. While he was gone I just hung out with my grandma, aunt, cousin and mom. We went to town and showed them all where the wedding is going to be and made a quick trip to Wal-Mart. It was so funny because my aunt and I were talking about Ladd and his MANY hobbies and I made the comment that golf is the only thing besides paintball that he seems to not have equipment for. I also said "I bet you 10 bucks he is going to come backing asking if he can buy a set of clubs." And as soon as I could find him after everyone got back the first few words out of his mouth was "Can I get some golf clubs. I had so much fun!" I just giggled. :) After everyones nap we went and played on the lake some more and I got a little gutsy on the jet ski, threw Ladd and I off TWICE and flipped it once!! haha I had so much fun.. A little side note, DaKota (my dog) was down on the dock with us because she wouldnt leave my side, and when I jumped in she would throw a fit and she would jump in too. Well I was so worried she would get tired of swimming and not be able to get out when she wanted. So Ladd had a bright idea to put a life jacket on her. Well I do have to say it was the funniest thing I had ever experienced with DaKota. She couldnt swim good with it on and she finally gave up and she went belly up!! it was so cute!! Then that night we went back to my mom's work to watch the "Big" fireworks. It was VERY relaxing because we had fixed up a little seating area in the back of Ladd's truck. Way more comfortable than chairs.

Sunday morning my mom cooked a big breakfast for everyone. I was one of the last ones in line so I didnt get much but what I had was good!! Then everyone kind of started to pack up and got ready to leave. Soon everyone was in the pool chit chatting and talking about when the next big event was. We all came to the conclusion it will be my baby shower and they are all going Golfing again while I have my shower!! Yay!! Im so excited!! Ladd and I left around 2ish because we still had to go back through Taylor to drop off the tent and Ladd had to go to work the next morning at 5.

Overall the weekend was very fun!! Sooo relaxing. Now we or I am back in College Station and Ladd is off in Houston working :( He will back Thursday afternoon so hopefully we will get pictures up soon. Then this weekend I might be in Houston because our friend Ragan is suppose to be having her baby so I wanna go and take notes :) Cant wait!!

No comments: