Thursday, September 11, 2014

Crying over Spilt Milk

09-11-14

On this somber day 13 yrs ago, the lives of America changed forever. We were brought to our knees at the face of terrorism, while thousands of innocent lives where taken by men who did not care who they hurt, only to accomplish one goal, to watch the US crumble as a nation. Well at first it may have seemed that way but we stood up and fought back. Even though we are still fighting that "war," we are faced with another obstacle. ISIS. They aren't over sees like all of our troops are, they are here on our own turf. Being spotted across the Nation. I pray that our president has the knowledge to protect our country and not be the Anti-Christ everyone claims him to be.

(Thanks for the Photo Brittany Stansbury.)


Next bit of news from the Moehnke Household, another FREEZER INCIDENT occurred this morning. I'm not sure what exactly happened bc it wasn't left opened like I had originally thought bc it was still very difficult to open. But when I did open it, I found all the milk on the top shelf soft. This is the milk I still didn't have to heart to throw away from previous defrostings. All the food on the door was soft. But everything else was still frozen. Not sure what the deal was? People has suggested it was the breaker, or the outlet or something electrical. Well the freezer has a digital panel letting me know if power was lost, or if the door was ajar and the internal temp. None of those lights where on!! I am almost certain the outlet it is plugged into is a dedicated circuit, so it shouldn't have an issue since its the ONLY thing plugged into that socket. The last time I was in the freezer was last night around 1 am. Everything was good then and since the first catastrophes I have made it a habit to lean into the door when closing it to make sure it closes. So when I opened it this morning around 7ish to find it soft I was so defeated. Hours later I still don't have any words to describe how I feel.

So after dropping Braelyn off at school I came home and pulled the big trash can into the garage and proceeded to clean it out.  I told myself I wasn't going to cry but that wasn't the case. I boo-hooed like a damn baby. 180+/- bags of 4 oz. of milk thrown out.
After filling the trash can up with liquid gold, and stinky food, I reluctantly pulled it to the curb since it was trash day. I then stood there with the lid propped open and proceeded to cry. Down right bawling..
 
My neighbors must of thought I was completely crazy bc I was crying over trash. haha!! On a good note, the milk I have been saving since the last incident did not show any signs of defrosting so the 30+ bags from the past few weeks is still ok!! Ill be a milking machine the next few weeks to catch up and replenish my supply bc my security blanket/ comfort zone with having NO milk surplus has made me super panicky and anxious.  

No comments: