Monday, June 30, 2008

A Weekend in Taylor

Well sorry I havent updated AGAIN in so long. I have been studying super hard this past week for my finals today. Which I feel like ripped me a new butt hole!! :( Ok for starters, last night I don't know why but I DIDN'T sleep at all. I went to bed probably around 12:30 so I could get up around 4 to study more. Well I laid down, buuuut I don't think I ever fell asleep. I was so worried about my finals and the for some reason I just kept thinking I didn't study enough. AND on top of that my back was killing me!! So I "woke" up around the time Ladd left for work at like 3:30 am. I tried studying here but decided to go to IHop and eat and study till my test. By the time my Statistics final came around my brain was dead and I don't even remember taking that final! The only thing I do remember was every work out problem the answer was there. So I must of been doing something right :)

Alright this past weekend we decided to go to Taylor to Ladd's parent's house to do stuff for the baby. While Ladd stayed in Taylor, his mom and I went to Austin to go shopping for fabric for the baby's room. His mom is going to make the bedding and whatnot for the crib and its going to look amazing because we picked out some great colors and patterns!! :) I'm super excited about it all!!

While we were in Austin, Ladd and his Dad stayed back and cut out letters for the baby's name. Well Ladd got a little crafty and went over board and made a great wall hanging. It took him longer than expected and we didn't leave until late Sunday instead of Saturday night. Which is ok because everything looks great!!

Ladd and his dad cutting out the letters at Eric's wood/cabinet shop.

I volunteered to help paint the letters but the brush I was using wasnt doing it for Ladd so I was soon kicked off of painting. His brush made it look more rustic I think..??

The finished product. We have no idea where we are going to hang it but it looks really awesome!!

On the other hand, Ladd's mom went overboard AGAIN and went baby crazy! She went to a garage sale of her really good friend's and bought TONS of clothes that all look brand new!! Apparently everything was only worn like once or twice. Some haven't even been worn at all!! So we have at least 40+ outfits now and I'm so excited. I cant wait to get back from dinner and hang them all. Mrs. Moehnke even went crazy when we went to Babies-R-Us and bought a great swing! Everything is slowing coming together piece by piece and its getting so close!! 3 MONTHS and counting..

Ok and another thing that has happened and I haven't wrote about it yet. We bought a CRIB!! Yay!! Well when we first took it out of the box the back sleigh part was scratched and dented and it looked like poo!! Seriously, but Ladd was like we can make it work and I was like no we paid for this and I want it to look new not used and banged up. So we went back to Target for something and I wanted to see if we could do any thing about it and the customer service lady had that I don't care attitude and totally pulled a crib off the shelf and took the pieces we wanted out of it and said we could just take them and not worry about bringing back the other ones. So we have extra parts just in case something happens.. Yay!! Now all we need is the bedding but we have to wait because Ladd's mom is making it all!! Yay!

Ladd is putting together the crib. For some reason there was only one yellow bar for the bottom and we had no idea what the significance was, so we put it in the middle just in case it was "stronger" or something..??

The baby crib.

No comments: