Monday, August 18, 2008

BabyShower Weekend!

This is going to be a long one but TONS of pictures!! Enjoy..

Well this weekend was my mom's babyshower for me. Friday when Ladd got home from work we drove to Brownwood. We didnt get to bed till real late because we were waiting on my Aunt Sandra to get there and when she finally got there we all stayed up and talked for a long while. Well Saturday my mom and I went to Bangs to get flowers for the shower and on the way it started to POUR!! When we got back apparently lightening had struck the house or close enough that it messed up the satellite, flipped breakers, and quite possibly fried the downstairs TV and electronics. So we just prepared food for the shower and got things together while we waited on the rest of the family to get there to go golfing.


So I think it was Thursday when I called Ladd and asked where he was at on his way home from work. He said traffic was super bad and it must of been a wreck because he wasnt even at 290 yet. So I was like geeese.. Well apparently 'traffic' was him stopping at Best Buy and buying the camera I have been so patiently waiting on getting!! Well while I was gone getting flowers he had wrapped it. So when I got back Ryan (little brother) said he was sooo excited about his present and that I could open his right then. So I opened it and at first I thought he had put his present in a speaker box but then I said wait... Rebel?? Then I screamed and started to cry!! I was so excited!! Here are some pictures we took after we read the intrustions on how to operate it!! haha!!
Finally around 3 went to the golf course. Everyone went, even my grandma! It was a blast!!
And this isnt everyone!! They were playing best ball and this is them all putting from the same spot!!
Haha this was when I tried to hit the ball. It went really far but not in the right direction and it went off into the brush/trees.. Yeah it was kinda funny!!

While we were playing it started to sprinkle real heavy. I didnt feel like standing in the rain and get all damp and what not so I stood under the unbrella and watched. :)

Sunday rolled around and getting everything ready for the shower was fun!! My little cousin Luke found my mom's ginormous rooster and sat on it like a horse. It was so cute and with my new camera and its fast picture taking I caught the moment!! :)

This was the table after everything was done and ready. Ladd's mom had decorated the cake and it was gorgeous!!
Then my mom wanted to take pictures with everyone. So here are some family pictures with me! This is me with my 2 mothers.. Ladd's mom Connie and my mom Connie..
This will be the great grandma's. Grandma Haehn and Grandma Hadley.
And these are my 2 cousins that really wanted to get in on the group pictures. Canyon and Luke.
And this is everyone that helped my mom out with the shower. Grandma Haehn, Aunt Debra, my mom, Aunt Tammy, Lily, Alisha, Aunt Sandra and Luke squeezed in.. Before we started to open presents my mom started a game. You had to remember what was in the diaper bag and at the end you had to write down what you could remember and whoever could remember the most won a prize. Then I started to open presents!!My Grandma Hadley bought me this amazing quilt! It was perfect!! I absolutely love it!!Then Ladd's mom had a blanket she said she bought like 5 years ago for her first grandson. Well this will be her first grandson so this was her present, a gorgeous blue quilt that will come in handy!!This is what my mom gave me. Haha.. I was sooo excited! Can you tell? Then I wanted to show everyone the overalls I was in the process of making. Not quite done but will be soon!! :) This was another game my mom played. Whoever had the heaviest purse won!!My Aunt Sandra got Ladd a present and said he had to open it. It was sooo cute. A small golf club set for a toddler. So adorable!! Towards the end I just sat around and talked to some of my friends from High School. Tamela and Jessi. :) Caught up on everything. It was fun!!
Ladd broke out the clubs when we got back home in College Station and played with them for a bit. Ladd swears up and down that he will be left handed but we shall see. :) This is the cutest picture ever!! Thanks Aunt Sandra, Uncle Jerry and the girls!! Now I just got to go through everything I got and put it all up where it goes!!

No comments: