Thursday, September 22, 2011

In a Nutshell.. Part 2

In the past 2 months I have been SO busy. With Braelyn being here I feel like everytime I turn around Im either calling the Pediatrician or in the doctors office!! First, when Braelyn was about 3 weeks old we took Greyson to his favorite spot, Memorial City indoor PlayPlace. While playing Greyson managed to jump down wrong and hurt his ankle/foot. We didnt take him to the doctor right away thinking it was just a "at the moment" hurt. Well the next morning he was still not walking and couldnt put any pressure on it. So I had to take him to the doctor by myself!! It was an interesting sight walking into the doctors office. A nearly 3 year old on one hip and an infant carrier in the other hand. Then to add to it they sent us down the street for an X-ray!! So Dr. Leonhardt wrapped Greyson's foot with a "soft cast" type thing and he wore it for a few days, until we had result from the X-ray.






It took him 2 weeks and a pool party to get him to walk on it again!! It was the hardest 2 weeks EVER!! While all this was happening my sweet baby girl was beginning to get a rash on her neck in her fat rolls. It didnt get bad till after I took a 4 hour road trip to Rockwall to see my Grandmother. I once again called the pediatrician and she prescribed a powder and cream. When this didnt work I had to take her in on August 29th because it was so painful looking!! So after taking her off breakmilk for a week and put on soy it still didnt work but it wasnt getting any worse. So for the first weekend in September we went to my parents house for my mom's birthday and labor day. After a week of no change I figured it wasnt my breastmilk that was causing the rash so I decided to half it with soy for her bottle. Well around 1030 when I went to change her diaper I noticed there was an awful raised rash COVERING her body!! I freaked out thinking she was going to stop breathing any minute from an allergic reaction. So off to the ER it was. Turns out the proteins in my breastmilk made her develop Eczema!! After adjusting the formula to nutrium based formula (no milk proteins at ALL) she is doing much better with the help of cortizone and Aquaphor.











Greyson had fun at my Aunt Sandra's house. Uncle Jerry and Greyson became best buds!! I think the huge "tractor" played a factor and the massive box of Gold Fish!! haha none the less I was able to help/see my grandmother and Greyson was able to play and have fun!

No comments: